WE SANITIZE OUR AIRCRAFT
What kind of disinfectants do we use in the cabin to sanitize?
According to the recommendations of the World Health Organization, airplanes are subjected to a rigorous cleaning and disinfection every night, using disinfectants approved by the aircraft manufacturer and that comply with the AMS (Aerospace Material Specifications) standard.
The disinfectant liquid used is based on Quaternary Ammonium, which was included in the list of products by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) "as one of the effective disinfectants to combat SARS-CoV-2".
Additionally, JetSMART incorporated the use of the latest technology with disinfectant guns, which have the ability to ionize the disinfectant liquid before its application, ensuring greater adherence to surfaces.
Do you already have your flight and want to make an exchange or return?
YOU JUST HAVE TO ENTER YOUR BOOKING CODE + YOUR EMAIL AND THE SYSTEM WILL GUIDE YOU TO GET YOUR EXCHANGE OR RETURN!
Before the flight
- Affidavit of health of all passengers when they check in web
- Social distance at airport check-in and boarding area
- Mandatory use of masks for passengers and counter staff
- Contactless boarding for passenger and passenger identity verification
- Temperature taking with digital thermometers to prevent entry of passengers with fever
- Mandatory use of masks, safety glasses and gloves by the crew
- Mandatory use of masks for all passengers
- New on-board sales standard
- Alcohol gel available on all our flights
- Alliance with the Red Cross -> Through an on-board chat program with information to protect you.
After the trip
- Rigorous disinfection after each flight with effective spray to eliminate 99.9% of viruses and bacteria on surfaces
- Increased time between boarding and disembarking to guarantee distance between passengers
- Daily deep sanitization of all our aircraft complying with global WHO and IATA standards using the latest technology in electrostatic guns for surface disinfection.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions about our flexibility policy and preventive measures that we are implementing due to the Coronavirus contingency (COVID-19).
Yes. We changed our changes policy temporarily for being more flexible and we include it for all bookings FlexiSMART at a cost of $ 0, included in your ticket at the time of purchase, with which you can modify your reservation (change date and / or destination) up to one hour before the flight without paying for the change fee. You will only have to pay the rate difference if it exists.
If your flight has not been modified
- For tickets purchased until July 31, 2020 you can:
- Change the date 01 time without paying the change fee or fare difference to fly until December 31, 2020 as long as there is availability.
- If you want to change the destination, you can also do it at no cost, only paying the rate difference if applicable.
- Any change of date, destination or return request must be made up to 72 hours before the departure of your original flight.
- In any case, you can always request a return through a JetSMART Gift Card for the same value of your purchase, which can be used to fly until June 30, 2021. To request it, you must enter here
On the online site Change request and refunds you can request your refund of the total of your booking with Gift Card and you can use it later on JetSMART.com.
We recommend that you stay tuned to JetSMART.com where we will be updating the information about our flights.
ABOUT THE CLOSURE OF BORDERS:
- The government of Chile decided to close its borders to non-resident foreigners from March 18, 2020 until August 31, 2020 (this measure could be extended)
- The Argentine government decided to close the domestic operation between March 20 at midnight and September 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- The Peruvian government decided to close its borders between March 16 at 11:59 p.m. and July 15, 2020 inclusive.
- The Colombian government decided to close its borders from March 17 and until September 1, 2020.
At JetSMART we care about the well-being of our passengers and crew. This is why we have hygiene procedures in accordance with IATA regulations, in conjunction with the health authorities of each country and the World Health Organization (WHO).
For this reason, on all our flights we ensure that:
- Our filters eliminate 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
- Rigorous cleaning, disinfecting all our planes daily.
- Air renewal every 3 minutes.
Starting today we will have the online exchange system available and you can manage the change or return of your ticket here
We have a system online where you can manage the change or refund your ticket more easily and quickly. You must enter jetsmart.com/us/en/cambios-y-devoluciones
You can make 01 change of date without paying the change fee, or the difference in rates. You must enter https://jetsmart.com/us/en/cambios-y-devoluciones
- High fever over 38 °.
- Respiratory difficulties.
Since Covid-19 is transmitted through respiratory droplets, you must:
- Wash your hands long and frequently.
- Use alcohol gel.
- Avoid touching your mouth and eyes.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
The air in our planes is renewed every 3 minutes and the filters eliminate bacteria and viruses by 99.99%.
Furthermore, the WHO recommends:
- Practice proper hand hygiene (washing with soap or alcohol gel).
- Cover your mouth and nose with your forearm when you sneeze or cough.
- Dispose of tissues properly and clean your hands.
Keep in mind that, due to the high demand in our Contact Center, we are giving priority to passengers with a flight within the next 48 hours.
So that you can manage your request more easily and quickly, we have implemented a new online system to meet your requirements as soon as possible. You just have to enter your email and reservation code to be able to self-manage your change, so we recommend you prefer this online channel by clicking here
We have increased capacity in our Contact Center. However, we advise you to use our digital system for your requests due to the high congestion that continues to present the telephone route.
For more information about exchanges and refunds, you can check our FAQ section about Coronavirus entering here.
WE KEEP FLYING
At JetSMART we are monitoring the situation in coordination with the health authority and adopting the necessary measures that they have determined to ensure the care and well-being of the passengers and our collaborators. Our crews receive updates and safety instructions permanently, as we follow the international procedures defined by IATA and other global regulatory bodies, which have predefined instructions and operating manuals for the management of infectious and contagious diseases.
FLIGHT STATUSSee flights
WHAT ARE THE MAIN SYMPTOMS OF VIRUSES?
OVER 38º C
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF AND OTHERS?
Since Covid-19 is transmitted through respiratory droplets, you must:
Wash your hands long and frequently.
Use alcohol gel.
Avoid touching your mouth and eyes.
Avoid sharing personal items
HOW CAN I TRAVEL SAFELY?
The air in our aircraft is renewed every 3 minutes and the filters eliminate bacteria and viruses by 99.99%. Furthermore, the WHO recommends:
Practice proper hand hygiene (washing with soap or alcohol gel).
Cover your mouth and nose with your forearm when you sneeze or cough.
Dispose of tissues properly and clean your hands.
Coronavirus action plan